With only one clipper and three blades, we can help you meet your hair removal needs.
Now you can glide through hair removal while helping to minimise the risk of Surgical Site Infections (SSI) with BD Surgical Clippers. With a significantly faster cutting capability than 3M clippers1, you'll feel the difference as BD Surgical Clippers remove hair in a single pass for less patient skin irritation.
BD Surgical Clippers can help your facility comply with Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
The versatility and performance of BD Surgical Clippers make them ideal for any area of your hospital: e.g. Operating Theatres, Accident & Emergency, Interventional Radiology, Dermatology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cath Lab, Geriatrics.
Addressing the risk of Surgical Site Infections:
Of all the infections acquired in acute hospitals, 14.5% are surgical site infections.2 Each SSI adds approximately seven postoperative hospital days and can double the hospital costs by adding between €2041 and €3025, on average3. In addition, an SSI can also raise the risk of mortality between 2 and 11 times4
- During the process of shaving, the skin may experience microscopic cuts and abrasions. It is believed that microorganisms can enter and colonise these cuts and contaminate the surgical wound causing post-operative wound infections.5
- In addition abrasions may ooze exudates, which may provide a culture medium for microorganisms.6
- Since clippers do not come into contact with the patient's skin they are thought to reduce the risk of cuts and abrasions.7
- Clippers are 100% waterproof for thorough cleaning and disinfecting *
- Clipper handle is fully submersible, for thorough cleaning and disinfecting *
- Three different, interchangeable single-use blades help prevent cross-contamination and provide the right blade for various types of procedures
- The general use blade provides an effective solution for most clinical hair removal with a cut that's closest to the skin while leaving it intact: blade cut height = .23 mm
- The specially designed Neuro blade powers through even the thickest hair on the scalp: blade cut height = .45 mm
- The SensiClip™ blade moves the cutting blade away from the patient's skin to avoid compromising sensitive or loose skin: blade cut height = .36 mm